I realize it’s been awhile. I’ve handed in my thesis for review, so I have a bit more time now. After I took a couple days to recover from the stress of writing, I got back to work on the L quilt. Pattern for the zig zag quilt is here. Friday evening I finished sewing the strips together and then completed the quilt top.
On Saturday, I basted the quilt using a medium loft batting and some minky fabric as the backing. I will fully admit that although I love the feel and look of minky fabric, I despise working with it. I had a terrible time trying to secure it while basting and it is so slinky, it’s really hard to position. Also, when you cut it, there is a mess of fluff all over. I’m torn about whether to use it again. I quilted simple horizontal lines beneath each strip and then wrapped the minky around for the binding. I’m quite happy with how it turned out. More pictures can be found here.
I then went to work this morning completing a crocheted baby hat to match. The pattern can be found here. Login is required to view the pattern. I tried to match the yarn with the quilt and added a cute little square of grey to the top.