My cousin K is also having a baby this spring and the sex of the baby is unknown (although she does want to know). I may be meeting up with my parents this weekend, which would allow me to give them the quilts for S and K, so that they can pass them along. Therefore, I’m under a bit of a deadline. For K’s quilt, I wanted to try something different. I had some great orange fabrics that I wanted to use and so, I decided to cut large squares of each, cut the squares in half to form triangles and then sew different fabric triangles together. I don’t know all the fabrics in this quilt, but some are Amy Butler and some are Lizzie House. I’m backing it with some Red Letter Day ducks from Lizzie House and wrapping the backing around to form the binding. Instead of having the orange binding right up against the orange of the quilt top, I decided to add a strip of white all the way around, to really make the top stand out. I was nervous about the design, but I really love how this is turning out.
Last night, I was able to cut and sew the quilt top, and baste the quilt.